The second month of the challenge just lapsed, and I am happy to share my progress and challenges for March 2020.
I also received progress reports from team members, and most of you made great strides. From the reports I received, one challenge stood out: COVID 19.
People have had to adjust their routines, learn social distancing and learn how to work from the confines of their homes.
As the new trend continues to evolve, we have to adapt to the new change of lifestyle and watch out for the virus.
Stop handshaking. Keep distance. Isolate. And trying not to sneeze in public (::)
That aside, most of us made some great progress this month. Notably, Cliff has 36 published posts, Peninah has 23 published posts, while Alakesh is already getting 1100 visits per month on a three-month-old blog.
While none of the team members has any earnings yet, the work we a few steps into achieving the overall goal-$1000 in affiliate earnings per month.
Here is a breakdown of the things I accomplished, challenges encountered, plans for the next month and any new ideas.
What I accomplished in March 2020
- Added 8 new posts, bringing the total number of posts to 15.
- Optimized published posts to create internal links to relevant posts, created meta- descriptions, and added videos to my info’ pages.
- Created 5 links. 2 of these links are guest posts and 3 blog comments. Some of these links have already been indexed, and are showing on my website.
- Found an alternative affiliate program to Amazon. I plan to test how this affiliate program performs compared to Amazon and report the findings.
- Found a good DR 6 expired domain for 301. This domain has links from Forbes, Uberflip, and Wikipedia.
Here are screenshots of my progress:
Image 1: Case study website
Image 2: Some keywords ranking on Top 100 in the second month.
Image 3: Expired Domain Stats
Image 4: Some of the RDs pointing to the expired domain
Challenges encountered in March 2020
- Fell short of the target number of articles by 5.
- COVID 19: I had to re-organize myself and plan my schedule afresh.
- I spent a lot of time stocking up for the lockdown, and this encroached on my working time (sounds funny, but… J
Traffic and Earnings
The site has made zero earnings to date, and I am hoping to make a sale soon, probably in the 3rd or 4th month of this challenge.
In terms of traffic numbers, the numbers are still rolling in as shown in the screenshot below. Nevertheless, I expect to start seeing some progress in the third month.
Plans for April 2020
- Publish 15 new posts (to meet the shortfall of the 1 and 2nd month). This will bring the total number of posts to 30.
- Build 10 new backlinks to the homepage.
- Create affiliate links for the published posts.
- Create a new post (on this website) on “Guest Post Outreach”.
Progress Report from $0 to $1000 Team Members
I received progress reports from 9 members, and I am happy with the progress so far.
While there are no earnings yet, there was solid progress in terms of the number of posts published and traffic numbers.
Here is a summary of what team members achieved in March 2020.
Plans for March
Set up blog and publish several posts